Welcome to the Journal of International Students (JIS)!
This Journal is an academic, interdisciplinary, and peer-reviewed publication (Print ISSN 2162-3104 & Online ISSN 2166-3750) on international student affairs published from the United States of America. The goal of the Journal is to feature narrative, theoretical and empirically-based research articles, student/faculty reflections, study abroad experience, and book reviews relevant to international students and their cross-cultural experiences and understanding in higher education.
Published quarterly (spring, summer, fall and winter), the Journal encourages the submission of manuscripts from around the world, and from a wide range of academic fields, including international education, student affairs, linguistics, psychology, sociology, philosophy, international business and cultural studies. Please review some sample articles . Among the topics that Journal focuses on are:
- Trends and issues of international student and scholar mobility
- Cross-cultural studies (adjustment, culture shock, acculturation, self-esteem)
- Overseas study, learning/teaching styles, class participation
- Globalization, internationalization, cultural influences
- International student retention, admissions, transfer, support systems
- Higher educational policies of sending and hosting countries
- Immigration issues and visa policies related to international students
- College culture (classroom expectations, academic integrity)
- Multiculturalism, diversity, hybridity and diaspora [click HERE for the full list]
Please submit your work to the Editor, Dr. Krishna Bista at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission due: Spring: December 1; Summer: March 1; Fall: July 1; and Winter: September 1 . There is no author submission or acceptance fee to publish in this journal. Translate this page
Journal of International Students
2-31 Walker Hall, School of Education, University of Louisiana at Monroe (USA) Phone: 318-600-5743 (Saturdays 11:00 am -5:00 pm) E-mail: email@example.com
- Subscription Options: [Digital] [Print ] [Donation] [Advertisement]
- Listed/Indexed with: ERIC, ProQuest, EBSCOHost, OCLC/WorldCat, IDP Database of Research on International Education (Produced by Australian Council for Educational Research for IDP), CiteFactor, DRJI, Questia, GIF, UlrichsWeb, Scopus, Cengage, Index Copernicus International, and Cabell’s Directory of Journals. Acceptance Rate : 30%_________________________________________________
All articles published by Journal of International Students (JIS) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at https://jistudents.org/.