Welcome to the Journal of International Students (JIS)! This is an academic, interdisciplinary, and peer-reviewed publication (Print ISSN 2162-3104 & Online ISSN 2166-3750) on international student affairs published from the United States of America. The goal of the Journal is to feature narrative, theoretical and empirically-based research articles, student/faculty reflections, study abroad experience, and book reviews relevant to international students and their cross-cultural experiences and understanding in international education.
Published quarterly (spring, summer, fall, and winter), the Journal encourages the submission of manuscripts from around the world, and from a wide range of academic fields, including international education, student affairs, linguistics, psychology, sociology, philosophy, international business and cultural studies. Please review some sample articles and publication guidelines. Among the topics that Journal focuses on are:
- Trends and issues of international student and scholar mobility
- Cross-cultural studies (adjustment, culture shock, acculturation, self-esteem)
- Overseas study, learning/teaching styles, class participation
- Globalization, internationalization, cultural influences
- International student retention, admissions, transfer, support systems
- Higher educational policies of sending and hosting countries
- Immigration issues and visa policies related to international students
- College culture (classroom expectations, academic integrity)
- Multiculturalism, diversity, hybridity, and diaspora [click HERE for the full list]
Please submit your work to this Manuscript Submission & Review System (sign up required, also check the guidelines). Submission due: Spring: December 1; Summer: March 1; Fall: July 1; and Winter: September 1. Please feel free to contact our editorial board members at email@example.com if you have any questions or ideas for any collaborative project related to international student studies.
- Subscription Options: [Digital] [Print ] [Donation] [Advertisement]
- Listed/Indexed in: ERIC, Thomson Reuters, ESCI/Clarivate Analytics, Scopus, ProQuest, EBSCOHost, OCLC/WorldCat, IDP Database of Research on International Education (Produced by Australian Council for Educational Research for IDP), CiteFactor, DRJI, Questia, GIF, UlrichsWeb, Cengage, Index Copernicus International, Scientific World Index, Higher Education Abstracts
All articles published by Journal of International Students (JIS) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.