Welcome to the Journal of International Students (JIS)!
This Journal is an academic, interdisciplinary, and peer-reviewed publication (Print ISSN 2162-3104 & Online ISSN 2166-3750) on international student affairs published from the United States of America. The goal of the Journal is to feature narrative, theoretical and empirically-based research articles, student/faculty reflections, study abroad experience, and book reviews relevant to international students and their cross-cultural experiences and understanding in higher education.
Published quarterly (spring, summer, fall and winter), the Journal encourages the submission of manuscripts from around the world, and from a wide range of academic fields, including international education, student affairs, linguistics, psychology, sociology, philosophy, international business and cultural studies. Please review some sample articles . Among the topics that Journal focuses on are:
- Trends and issues of international student and scholar mobility
- Cross-cultural studies (adjustment, culture shock, acculturation, self-esteem)
- Overseas study, learning/teaching styles, class participation
- Globalization, internationalization, cultural influences
- International student retention, admissions, transfer, support systems
- Higher educational policies of sending and hosting countries
- Immigration issues and visa policies related to international students
- College culture (classroom expectations, academic integrity)
- Multiculturalism, diversity, hybridity and diaspora [click HERE for the full list]
Please submit your work to the Editor, Dr. Krishna Bista at email@example.com. Submission due: Spring: December 1; Summer: March 1; Fall: July 1; and Winter: September 1 . There is no author submission or acceptance fee to publish in this journal. Translate this page
Journal of International Students
2-31 Walker Hall, School of Education, University of Louisiana at Monroe (USA) Phone: 318-600-5743 (Saturdays 11:00 am -5:00 pm) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subscription Options: [Digital] [Print ] [Donation] [Advertisement]
- Listed/Indexed with: ERIC, ProQuest, EBSCOHost, OCLC/WorldCat, Australian Council for Educational Research, CiteFactor, DRJI, Questia, GIF, UlrichsWeb, Scopus, Cengage, Index Copernicus International, and Cabell’s Directory of Journals. Acceptance Rate : 30%_________________________________________________
All articles published by Journal of International Students (JIS) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at https://jistudents.org/.