Journal of International Students (Print ISSN 2162-3104 Online ISSN 2166-3750) publishes original and quality research, conceptual papers and book reviews quarterly (spring, summer, fall and winter) related to international student affairs, teaching and learning or cross-cultural understanding.
Peer-Reviewed/Research Articles (sample)
- Manuscripts that focus on the interpretation, implication or significance of research work related to international students, faculty, and scholar from various disciplines
- Completed interdisciplinary research papers related to issues and concerns of international students or study abroad students (e.g. learning style, admission, immigration, insurance, housing, mental health, adjustment issues and so on)
- Manuscripts related to study abroad, global/international teaching, intercultural communication, experience and resources for international and non-international faculty, teaching assistants and researchers (see a complete list HERE)
- Length between 4,500 to 7,500 words; Review period: 6-8 weeks from the submission date (see Examples of published articles
- All authors are required to complete submission checklist form, click HERE to fill it out (see author’s guidelines)
Research in Brief:
- Articles submitted for this section focus on a specific topic or question using new data or conceptual framework that does not require a full-length manuscript.
- Articles should include a brief introduction of the issue or question, instrument, methods, or analytical tools, brief discussion, up to two figures/tables, and maximum 5-8 references.
- The criteria for review are similar to those used in the review of feature articles. Length 7-8 doubled space pages including references.
Study Abroad Experiences/Reflections
- Descriptions and perceptions from faculty, students and scholars concerning another culture, language, people and society from an insider or outsider perspective
- Research papers written by students on any topic their interest or individual research work related to international students or their counterparts.
- Length between 1,000 to 2,000 words. The criteria for review are similar to those used in the review of feature articles (effective from 3/1/2015 (see, Examples)
- Reviews and critiques of books, doctoral dissertations, movies, websites and articles related to international students, study abroad or cultural exchange programs
- Reviews any books about international education, comparative education, cross-cultural understanding, or international students and their issues.
- Length between 750 to 1,200 words and JPG cover image of reviewed item (not more than two-singled space review)
- Submit your manuscript to Book Review Section Editors (link)
Please e-mail your work to the Editor, Dr. Krishna Bista at email@example.com. Include your full address with email and telephone number. Follow APA 6th edition in your citation and references. Double space. Times New Roman with 12 font size.
Submission due: Spring: December 1; Summer: March 1; Fall: July 1; and Winter: September 1 . No author submission or acceptance fee