The following table is a general outline of the peer review and revision process:
The Journal of International Students uses double-blind review process, which means that both the reviewer and author name(s) are not allowed to be revealed to one another for a manuscript under review. Manuscripts are assigned to two or more reviewers. Reviewers provide a complete, fair, thoughtful evaluation of manuscripts to ensure all published work meet the goals of the journal. Reviewers are asked to consider the following criteria:
- Significance Is the manuscript significant to the field of international students?
- Review of Literature: Does the manuscript have an adequate literature review?
- Research Design: Does the manuscript reflect appropriate design and methodology?Are conclusions based on the results?
- Style: Is the manuscript clear, logical, and concise? Does the manuscript follow APA publication guidelines?
Based on the feedback from the reviewers, the Editors will make one of the following decisions:
- Reject: The manuscript is judged to be unacceptable for publication in the Journal.
- Resubmit after revisions: The manuscript has potential for publication but must be revised before publication can be considered.
- Accept with minor revisions: The manuscript can proceed to the next stage of the editorial process with minor revision.
- Accept: The manuscript can proceed to the next stage of the editorial process without significant changes from the author.
Resubmit After Revisions
Authors who are asked to submit a revised manuscript through our manuscript portal should follow the instructions below:
- Sign into the online submission system. You will see a ‘1’ in a green circle next to the ‘Author’ tab.
- Click on Author tab and select Manuscripts Management.
- Click the ‘Compose & Resubmit’ button at the right side of the manuscript title.
- Follow the five steps for resubmission of the revised paper.
If a manuscript is accepted for publication, all authors are required to complete Terms of Agreement. By signing these terms of agreement, authors release all copyrights to the Journal of International Students.