Positions Opened for Reviewers & Editors:
The Journal of International Students (Print ISSN 2162-3104 Online ISSN 2166-3750) is currently accepting applications for the following positions of the editorial board.
- Guest Editors
- Consulting Editors
- Assistant Editors
- Copy (Research & Reflections) Editors
- Book Review Editors
- Peer Reviewers
All editorial members serve a two-year term and can anticipate being asked to review or edit approximately 3 manuscripts per year. The review members or editors hold doctoral degrees, have a minimum of a year experience in higher education, and have expertise in writing and publication.
Further, the review members agree to return reviews within four weeks of receipt and to assume a dual role of gatekeeper and shaper of research in the field of international students by providing a rigorous review of manuscripts submitted for publication by offering constructive and encouraging feedback to mentor fellow researchers.
Recognition and Benefits: This is an academic opportunity to engage in a significant research activity, view research first hand, and participate in the evaluation of scholarly research. In addition, as a review board member, you name and affiliation will appear on the Journal’s website and both print and online volumes. Individual may use this service towards doctoral degree requirement, faculty tenure and promotion activities. You will also receive a free digital volume of the Journal. However, there is no monetary reward as all positions in the Journal are unpaid.
Individuals (including doctoral students) are invited to submit current curriculum vitae with research interests to the Editor at email@example.com as well as fill out the following Form.
Application Form [Currently, we are accepting applications]
News ~ International Students, Series # 1
- ASU organization seeks to uniteinternational students
- Boise StateInternational students experience football
- For someinternational students, “plagiarism” is a foreign word
- Germany Now Has Free Tuition for Everyone, Even International Students
- GlobalStudents: Turning Foreigners into Jesus Followers
- Harmful UKstudent visa policy ‘baffles’ top academic
- HelpingInternational Students affirms need for relationships that cross boarders
- International StudentEnrollment Reaches High of 1525 Students
- International studentgrowth part of U of R global education
- International studentShayna Hodge shares her experiences at TAU
- International studentsencounter difficulties finding US jobs, internships
- International studentsget prepped for pumpkin regatta
- International Studentsin Need of Homestay Hosts in Seattle
- International studentsin the UK: who are they really?
- Is Mānoa missing out oninternational students?
- Joshua Krook investigates theinternational student housing crisis.
- KTUInternational Students Will Teach Languages
- Lane: Integratinginternational students at the UI
- Michigan State University to NewInternational Students: Know the Law
- Minnesota foreignstudent plagiarism is accidental
- Nigerian FEU student named OutstandingInternational Student
- Now This on Twitter: “As of now, if you’re aninternational student studying in Germany, your only …
- Orientation for all May startInternational students
- Prague College launches itsInternational Student Association
- Private Student Loans ForInternational Students
- Program helpinginternational students succeed
- Should the West be so obsessed withinternational student recruitment?
- Teaching in the US:International Students & Postdocs
- Texas A&Minternational students fall victim to Internet travel scam
- Thanksgiving Celebration forInternational Students
- The most surprising things about America, according to an Indianinternational student
- WBSinternational students: join our PG and MBA mentoring programme
- Why Can’t Austin AttractInternational Students?
- You Don’t Speak English: 4 thingsInternational Students should know
Endorsements and Citations
Journal of International Students received several endorsements and citations from national publications that include newspapers, magazines, journals and experts:
- The U.S. Homeland Security (June 27, 2013
- Bloomberg Businessweek (June 7, 2013)
- Chronicle of Higher Education (June 7, 2013)
- Journal of Studies in International Education/Sage (Feb 2013 Editorial)
- Sun (Jan 2012)
- Wikipedia (Jan 2012)
- Herald (December 2011)
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators (June 2009)